Friday, July 11, 2014

Mail Call! Zine-pocolypse

Look at what came in the mail today.  Just take a look.  Over here.  Yeah, all the zines.  The best part....two of the zines are from new dudes still wet from the placenta. 


I got the 2nd issue of Crawling Under the Broken Moon.  Put a little space in your dungeon.  If you want to run a sci-fi DCC game, this is where you're going to want to start.  +Reid San Filippo looks like he's got something very cool on his hands.  Well done.

The Well of Souls is brought to you by fellow Pennsylvanian, +Carl Bussler.  This is an adventure for the DCC system.  I play in three different groups and not one uses the DCC system and I've got more DCC zines than anything else.  I guess I'll have to tell Ivy that I'm starting a 4th group.  Carl does an incredible job with presenting his adventure.  The zine itself is stylized with deckle edging of the pages, his choice of card stock and interior pages.  Carl did it all, wrote it, drew it and mapped it.

And the other newb to the zine ring is The Undercroft by +Daniel Sell.  You thought I was going to say this one was for DCC also, nope.  Daniel gets down with Lamentations of the Flame Princess.  For some reason I always want to write flaming princess.  As Daniel puts it, this zine is full of death & disease. 

Two out of three zines are new, the third one is still wet behind the ears.  But I think zines are kinda like dog years.  One zine equals 5 to 7 magazines. 

Please give these guys a look.  Grab a copy.  Support their work.  This zine thing is contagious. 


5 comments:

  1. It is a shame there aren't more zines that are written for AD&D. I've found that I just don't care for the DCC system and it reflects the kind of adventures written for the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the dislike of DCC.

    If I wanted a zillion charts for characters, I would play Rolemaster again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of The Undercroft came through yesterday. Some dark - and fun - stuff in there. Hope Daniel keeps producing this little zine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CURSES!!!!
    More 'zines! MORE 'ZINES!!!

    Heh. Who am I kidding? I'm a sucker for a good 'zine. Thanks for the heads up, Tim!

    ReplyDelete