Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Starter Adventures for Sale


Yesterday I received my copy of Starter Adventures from Lulu.  I was pleased with the way it turned out.  This is my first experience dealing with POD.  I tried RPGNow first, but found it difficult to navigate the print side of things.  Lulu was more user friendly.  Easier to get your book setup. 

This project took a long time.  Mainly due to me getting distracted by a different project or just plain laziness.  +Jason Sholtis and +John Larrey did all the the artwork you'll find inside.  They did an awesome job.  This was actually the first project Jason and John helped me with and these guys really went to town.  The cover was done by Jason.  He sorta tossed it at me and asked if I could use it for anything.  I looked at it and said, "That's my cover."  I love the twilight lighting, the orcs searching and the PC hoping whatever is in the bottle is going to help.

I had another OSR all-star assist me with this project, +Rob Conley did the maps.  I think I had him do six different types of trees for the one map.  I think he was ready to hit me with one of those trees.  His maps are always fantastic and pieces of art themselves.

Starter Adventures was thought up after a night of gaming with my wife.  I wrote it so folks could use it to introduce someone into the RPG hobby.  There are four adventures for each of the four main classes (cleric, fighter, magic-use and thief).  I wrote Starter Adventures to teach a person what die to use, some of lingo, that combat is not the only option, using magic items and so on.  Also inside is Red Bear Tavern.  Every adventuring group needs a place to hang out.  It's a pretty cool tavern if I do say so myself.  And the final entry is a full-fledged adventure to put those newbs to the test.

If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comments or email me. 

Lulu Print Link
Lulu PDF Link

RPGNow PDF Link

13 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love the cover! Just bought a physical copy from Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jason's cover is incredible. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  2. The cover is a great concept (or reality, depending on how you look at it, or bleed) and I love the premise of the contents.

    What is the price in (US) folding money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $7.99 for the PDF and $19.99 for the print version.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Tim, you'll be getting your comp copy as soon as my order comes in.

      Delete
  4. Done and ordered. I went for the print version and slowship method so looking for arrival sometime in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh probably with the holidays in between. You know they are standing by the printers, looking at the clock wondering when they can go home.

      Delete
  5. Cool stuff. Congratulations, Tim/

    ReplyDelete