Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Brother Adelmo Pushes Farther in the Wasteland of Gath and Find a Dandylion


Kerg offered a gift of a ring, a ring with shields beautifully rendered in the metal. He asked me to take. I did so. He felt it was a burden because he'd acquired it using his skill in his past life. I soothed his worry and told him the Great Imbiber does not judge those who use their skills to carry on their story. He rejoices in it. With this burden lifted from Kerg's shoulders we followed the weird little Chaka boy to a tin hut.

Blazoned in the sky was a sign. A woman of indeterminate attractiveness prompted everything was going to be okay, 15 miles ahead. That was good to know. We continued on while Kerg was still deciding in his head if she was attractive.

As we approached the tin hut a wastelander, two people in one. A large lolling headed, giant man with a smaller man protruding out of his stomach. Gruesome, slobbering, barely intelligible, what horrible stories they could tell. I wished to hear one. The big one wielded a machete so I kept a respectful distance. And who knows how many more were inside.

He, they, were angry that I'd scared the Chaka boy. I asked for forgiveness. That was not my intent. It was then I saw a charming little girl, her face bore a cleft lip and she carried a doll that matched the likeness of the undetermined attractiveness of the female on the sign. She whispered to her doll and to my delight a purple hue washed over the girl.

I offered wine to share a story. They seemed confused by the offer, but like most wild creatures and offering of primal sustenance would be accepted cautiously. They accepted and told me of their god Dagon, that he was the true and only god. Then sent the girl to fetch the wine.

When she approached she looked frightened. I asked her if she was wanted to come with me. She nodded. I offered the two-man two bottles of wine, I figured one for each of its mouths, for the little girl. They accepted.

Dandlion and her doll she loves so much, walked away from the tin shack. It seemed appropriate we go to this place where everything was okay. I am out of wine, but have picked up two companions on the way. We are going to go where it is okay. Maybe there I can find more wine, more stories, add to our stories. Allow my companions to sleep. Both look very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment